WWOA Southeast Region Tuition Aid CriteriaBack to News
March 13, 2019
Submitted by: Southeast
WWOA Southeast Region Tuition Aid Criteria
Due to projected staffing shortages in our field, The Southeast Region of the Wisconsin Wastewater Operator’s Association (WWOA) feels a tuition aid program may inspire more interest in wastewater related careers. Therefore, the Southeast Region would like to provide tuition aid in the amount of $500 to an individual that resides in the Southeast Region or is training for wastewater employment within the Southeast Region.
1. The student must be currently enrolled in a wastewater related field in a registered apprenticeship program, an associate degree program or a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited program in the WWOA Southeast Region.
2. The student must provide an informal transcript from their institution that they have completed 24 credits in their apprenticeship or academic program.
3. The applicant must be sponsored by a current certified WWOA member with three years of membership in good standing.
4. The applicant must provide one academic reference proving they are pursuing a degree or diploma through a registered apprenticeship, a two-year technical college or a four-year accredited college located in the WWOA Southeast Region which includes Sheboygan, Ozaukee, Washington, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha and Walworth Counties.
5. The applicant must prove they have a least a 2.5 grade point average for the specific wastewater related classes they are taking.
6. The applicant will send the application to the WWOA Executive Secretary within 60 days after they have completed 24 credits in their program.
7. Written notification of conditional acceptance or denial for tuition aid will be made by the Southeastern Region Tuition Aid Committee after review by the WWOA Executive Secretary and the SE Region Tuition Aid Committee. Acceptance will occur within three weeks of the application deadline.
8. The applicant will submit all questions in writing pertaining to the processing of the application to the Southeast Region Tuition Aid Committee. Any further consultation beyond the SE Region will be in cooperation with the WWOA Executive Secretary. All discussions relative to the application shall be limited to: the tuition aid applicant, the WWOA Executive Secretary and the Southeast Region Tuition Aid Committee.
9. The recipient can be awarded a one-time tuition aid for an academic school year in the amount of $500. The school will receive the tuition aid from the WWOA Southeast Region and reimburse the student.