WWOA SE Region News - December 4, 2018Back to News
December 13, 2018
Submitted by: Southeast
WWOA SE Region News December 4, 2018
· The next SE meeting is in Allenton on Feb. 12, 2019.
o At the next meeting:
- Amy Garbe, WDNR wastewater engineer, has offered 45 minutes of her time to answer questions you may have regarding DNR rules and regulations, how to properly fill out the many forms we have to submit and so forth. If you have specific questions for her we can get them in her presentation. Reply to this email with forms that you highlighted.
- Jay Koenitzer, Helwig Carbon will explain how you can reduce your critical application downtime with a new way to maintain your motors.
- Tim Palet, Confined Space - Permitting (bring your pictures of any concerns)
- Rusty Schroedel – Will talk about grit.
- Soren Rasmussen – Various applications for chopper pumps
· SE Region finishes 2nd and 3rd in Operator’s Competition We finished second in the 2018 WWOA state operator’s competition by six seconds to The Southern Region. 2ND Place: Tyler Wollersheim, Plymouth, Ben Huffmann, South Milwaukee and Bob Biedrzycki, Lyons. 3RD Place: Mark Knuth, Emilio Gonzalez and Owen Van Swol, Racine
· SE Region Operator of the Year – P J Nolan, Town of Norway Sanitary District No. 1.
o 2019 nominees must be turned in by July 5, 2019. Nomination forms are at the WWOA website.
· The progress on the creation of tuition aid for a member of the SE Region will be brought before the members at the Feb. 2019 meeting. Your input is welcome and important.
· Encourage a non-member to join WWOA. Dues are $50/2 yrs.
· Please update your WWOA Directory contact information at a regional meeting.
· Future SE 2019 meeting dates: Lakeland University, May 16 and Kenosha, September 18
Mike Penkwitz, Paul Gagas, Kathy Bates, Wayne Castle