Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
City of Stanley
The City of Stanley is accepting applications for a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. WI DNR Basic Wastewater Operator Certification with advanced certification in laboratory, disinfection, nutrient removal, solids separation biological treatment, and biological solids/sludge handling is preferred or the ability to obtain these certifications. Applications can be requested at the City Clerk’s Office located at 353 S. Broadway St, Stanley, WI 54768 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All cover letters, resumes and City of Stanley applications must be received by noon on Friday October 18, 2019 to be considered for this position.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Job Description:
This position is Supervisor of the WWTP Operations and reports to the Mayor and City Council. This position involves a variety of duties to carry out the day to day operations of the Wastewater Treatment Plant including but not limited to the transfer, treatment, and discharge of public waste in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with the rules, regulations, and restrictions of the Wisconsin DNR. The majority of the work duties will be in the wastewater department.
· The ability to operate and maintain the Wastewater Treatment Plant in accordance with the WI DNR rules, regulations, and restrictions.
· Repair and maintenance of the sanitary sewers and water mains. Participates in the installation of water services, mains, and sanitary sewer, including excavation, pipe placement, etc.
· Operate all City Owned equipment, vehicles, and machinery.
· The ability to operate the Water Treatment Plants and assist with reading meters on a quarterly basis.
· Maintenance and repair of road surfaces, which include the removal of snow and ice from city streets, alleys, and sidewalks. Assure proper sanding and salting of all surfaces for safety purposed.
· Be available for an emergency situation in the city. Calls may originate from the City Crew, the Stanley Police Department, the Stanley Fire Department, or the Chippewa or Clark County Sheriff’s Departments. Assistance would vary depending on the emergency.
· Perform any other duties or task assigned by the Mayor or City Council.
· Associate Degree in water/wastewater related field
· High School Diploma
· Ability to complete assigned tasks without constant supervision. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to communicate effectively with the general public.
· General knowledge of basic mechanics, basic chemistry, and computers.
· Must have or immediately obtain a valid State of Wisconsin Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and also maintain it.
· Advanced Wastewater Operator Certification from the State of Wisconsin, Department of Natural Resources or the ability obtain advanced certification and within five years obtain the Municipal Water Supply Operator Certification Grade 1 from the State of Wisconsin, Department of Natural Resources.
· Willing to work a rotation schedule on weekends or
· Willingness to work a possible shift rotation if future growth requires additional coverage hours in water and/or sewer plant operations.
· After training is completed, the work schedule is Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and a weekend rotation.
The starting hourly wage is $23.00 $30.00 (depending on qualification) and a fringe benefit package. Successful candidate will work a five person weekend rotation schedule with paid overtime. Send application and resume by Friday noon October 18, 2019 to Clerk Treasurer Cyndi Bergman, City of Stanley, P.O. Box 155, Stanley, WI. (715) 644-5758The City of Stanley is an equal opportunity employer.
- This position was posted on: 10-03-2019.
- It will be removed on: 10-19-2019.