Wastewater Operator – Veolia Milwaukee
Pay Scale: $35.91/hour - $40.56/hour depending on job assignment.
Primary Responsibilities / Job Duties:
1. Required to follow all applicable safety rules, regulations, policies, and procedures in performance of assigned duties. Is required to participate in all required safety training activities. Is expected to report any unsafe conditions encountered in performance of duties.
2. Operates assigned treatment plant equipment by starting and regulating semi-automatic controls, notes malfunctioning equipment and makes needed adjustment where possible, and refers maintenance problems to the Shift Supervisor.
3. Records and interprets meter and gauge readings from equipment.
4. Receives and stores chemicals and supplies related to the position.
5. Takes periodic samples for laboratory analysis. Performs tests for process control.
6. Records activities in log and prepares and submits daily shift operational reports.
7. Performs light maintenance duties to include but not limited to: general housekeeping, lamp checks, cycling of valves per valve exercise program and also gate exercising, clearing of minor jams on belts, and preventive back flushing of pumps and systems).
8. Communicates and cooperates with other employees when performing work.
9. Performs other duties of a similar level and nature as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent. Environmental Associates Degree or higher, and/or two to three years of operating experience in a water/wastewater treatment plant
· A valid Wisconsin Wastewater Operator license, with subclasses.
· Knowledge of operating equipment used in wastewater treatment.
· Some knowledge of the operation and adjustment of valves, mechanical pumps, motors and semi-automatic controls.
· Ability to navigate and operate computer control systems
· Ability to read and understand a variety of dials, meters and gauges, and to locally control equipment if needed.
· Ability to drive and operate lugger truck.
· Ability to prepare a log of routine activity.
· Ability to enter data
· Basic skills in computers and data input devices, email, application and office software.
· Communicates effectively via written and oral methods with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and others when necessary.
· Valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
· Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an industrial environment and involves exposure to dust, odors, extremes in temperatures and humidity, noise; exposure to sewage, gases, process chemicals, moving equipment, and blended sludges.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required on this job include close vision and distance vision.
Work Hours: Work Hours: Generally works rotating 12- hour shift and is subject to overtime, recall and call-in
To apply for this position, please visit https://veolianorthamerica.jobs.net/
- This position was posted on: 01-11-2021.
- It will be removed on: 02-10-2021.