Wastewater Operator Summer Internship - Clintonville
City of Clintonville
Wastewater Operator Summer Internship
The City of Clintonville Wastewater Treatment Plant is accepting applications for a Wastewater Operator Summer intern. The Wastewater Operator Intern will work directly with staff to maintain daily operation of the wastewater treatment facility and collection system. Intern will work in a variety of different working conditions to perform tasks such as the following;
· Laboratory analysis of plant influent, effluent, and operational samples
· Checking operation of various wastewater processing and conveying equipment
· Working with Jet Truck crew to clean a portion of the City’s sewer line
· Manhole condition inspections
· Building and Grounds Maintenance including lawn care, cleaning, and painting as needed
· Tank cleaning as needed
· Light maintenance work
The Wastewater Operator summer intern will have the following qualifications:
· Valid driver’s license
· 18 years of age or older
· High school diploma
· Enrollment in a post high school educational program related to wastewater treatment / water resource management
Preference will be given to students applying that have at least one year of post high school education completed.
The internship will be available May through August 2020 with start and end dates flexible based on the intern’s schooling schedule but not to exceed 600 hours. The internship will be paid $11-12/hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants may apply by mailing completed application and cover letter to Dave Tichinel, 50 10th Street, Clintonville, WI 54929 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Wastewater Intern Application. The job application is available at www.clintonvillewi.org on the Employment section under the Overview heading.
- This position was posted on: 02-19-2021.
- It will be removed on: 03-21-2021.