Treatment Facilities Operator - Waupun
Treatment Facilities Operator
Waupun Utilities is a community-owned utility that has been serving the community of Waupun for 125 years. We take pride in being a part of our hometown and are looking for an individual to join our team that is dedicated to the success of the utility and the growth of our community.
We're currently looking for an individual to join our team as a full-time Treatment Facilities Operator. This position is responsible for operation of the Utilities 2.1 MGD. Activated Sludge Wastewater Treatment Facility (WWTF) and 1.7 MGD Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Facility (WTF). The Treatment Facilities Operator’s primary duties are monitoring, operations, maintenance, and repairs of the facilities process equipment, equipment controls, laboratory testing, and general maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
Examples of Duties
· Operate, monitor, maintain, and trouble-shoot the water and wastewater treatment facility processes and technical aspects of treatment facilities operations.
· Shall operate SCADA PC, to include evaluating historical trends and making adjustments.
· Shall perform general maintenance on treatment facilities equipment.
· Shall order, calibrate, and operate plant instrumentation.
· Performs any combination of routine laboratory tasks such as: collects samples of plant influent, partially treated wastewater, sludge, effluent, and other by-products. Assembles instruments and equipment for analytical or research work.
Requirements of Work
· Considerable knowledge of operational controls systems within the treatment facilities.
· Ability to perform and document various tests and QA/QC programs as required by State and Federal agencies for the operation of the water treatment and wastewater treatment facilities.
· Have a working knowledge of the operation, methods and procedures of the water treatment and wastewater treatment facilities.
· Have a working knowledge of the equipment used at the water treatment and wastewater treatment facilities.
· Have a working knowledge and ability to perform equipment preventive maintenance and repairs.
· Have the ability to work with independence and to make routine decisions on the operation of the plant processes.
· An ability to establish and maintain a good relationship with fellow workers and the public is stressed.
· Knowledge of safety procedures when working in hazardous areas.
· The ability to obtain a valid CDL driver's license within the first year of employment is required.
· This position works rotating holidays and weekends.
· The ability to relocate within a (30) minute commute of Waupun within the first year of employment is required.
Desirable Experience and Training
Must have a minimum of (2) to (4) years of experience as an operator from a comparable advanced water treatment facility and wastewater treatment facility, with experience in the day to day operation and maintenance of the related equipment. Minimum education to include graduation from High School or Associate or Technical degree from an accredited institution preferred.
State of Wisconsin Wastewater Operators License Advanced subgrades:
· A1 – Suspended Growth Processes
· A2 – Attached Growth Processes
· A5 – Anaerobic Treatment of Liquid Waste
· B – Solids Separation
· C – Biological Solids/Sludge Handling, Processing, and Reuse
· D - Disinfection
· L – Laboratory
· N – Total Nitrogen
· P – Total Phosphorus
· SS – Sanitary Sewage Collection Systems
· The ability to obtain all advanced subgrades within 2 years of employment is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use fingers, handle or feel objects, controls, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds. The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust vision.
Wages and Benefits
The hourly wage range for this position is $26.62 - $31.18, with an excellent benefits package.
To receive full consideration, submit application and resume by midnight CST on Friday, July 24, 2020. Applications should be returned to: 817 S Madison St, Waupun, WI 53963 or emailed in PDF format to email@example.com. Successful candidates must pass a criminal background, physical, and drug screening after contingent job offer.
- This position was posted on: 07-16-2020.
- It will be removed on: 07-25-2020.