Sewer Operations Specialist - West Bend
City of West Bend
City of West Bend
Purpose of Position:
The Operations Specialist is a full-time position in the Sewer Utility Division of Public Works. This position will assist with the operation of the Sewer Utility. This position will be required to perform heavy manual labor in varied weather conditions. This position will take direction from the Sewer Utility Superintendent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
An employee in this position may be called upon to perform any or all of the following:
(This list does not include all tasks an employee may be expected to perform.)
• Work independently or as a member of a crew under the supervision of a coordinator.
• Assist with maintenance of buildings and grounds.
• Perform sample collection and test samples for process control.
• Troubleshoot SCADA problems.
• Assist with maintenance of the collections system: lift stations, jetting of mains and televising of mains.
• Assist with process equipment maintenance and repair.
• Operate Utility equipment proficiently, small and heavy.
• Fill out work orders and service requests.
• Will be on call for a week at a time on a rotation basis in the Sewer Utility.
• Assist with winter maintenance operations; salting, hauling and plowing, when the Street Division needs assistance.
• Work as a team member in the Sewer Utility and other divisions when necessary. Communicate effectively and efficiently with utility customers.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and good driving record.
• Wisconsin CDL with N-tanker and air brake endorsements
• Wisconsin DNR Wastewater Certificate in: A1, A2, B, C, P, D, and L-OIT, Basic or Advanced or show ability to obtain within four years.
• First Aid/CPR
• Fork Lift Certification
• Confined space training
Other Abilities Skills and Knowledge:
• Take and give written and oral directions in a positive manner.
• Speak and write effectively.
• Work in a team atmosphere.
• Take on more responsibility with longevity.
• Use a computer for work orders and other related tasks to the Sewer Utility.
• Mentor other team members of less experience.
• Perform heavy manual labor.
• Move and/or lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, and is frequently exposed to wet/or humid conditions, and occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration. Will be exposed to human waste regularly. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and at times very loud. Work is performed both in an office environment and outside in varying weather conditions with hazards associated with building sites.
The City of West Bend is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Applicants can request an application and attach their resumes at email@example.com/
- This position was posted on: 04-17-2019.
- It will be removed on: 05-17-2019.