SCADA Technician – Waukesha
City of Waukesha
SCADA Technician – City of Waukesha
SALARY: $59,758.00 - $80,672.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 05/17/2019
CLOSING DATE: 06/14/2019 4:00 PM
This position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of instrumentation, control, and communication systems at the Wastewater Treatment Plant and pumping stations.
Salary Rate: $59,758; maximum $80,672 achieved through merit increases.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Performs complex diagnostics to analyze problems and make repairs; replaces components associated with instrumentation and control systems, PLCs, SCADA, dialers, alarm, radio and associated telemetry systems.
2. Creates and maintains databases.
3. Programming for PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, radio, miscellaneous devices, communication, and database management.
4. Monitors and maintains computer networks for the treatment facility.
5. Performs electrical testing and routine repair of equipment control panels, MCCs, VFDs, lighting; performs other general electrical maintenance and repairs as required at the WWTP and pump stations, including HVAC.
6. Establishes and implements scheduled control system maintenance and calibration programs for all system equipment, including transmitters, transducers, flow metering devices, controllers, samplers and analytical equipment; assists with maintaining plant-wide electronic preventive maintenance and CMMS programs.
7. Maintains all records associated with instrumentation, control and communication systems.
8. Makes corrections or changes as needed to as-build electrical and control drawings; documents and backs up programming for PLCs, VFDs, and other controllers.
9. Monitors, inspects and coordinates work of outside contractors and plant staff involving any electrical, control and communications type work.
10. Makes or assists with emergency repairs during off hours as needed.
11. Assists in planning for upgrades.
12. Makes general system improvements to controls, SCADA, remote sites.
13. Verifies operation of submitted and introduced technologies.
Graduation from a technical school or college with an Associate's Degree or equivalent in Electrical Technology or a related field, and at least 4 – 6 years of experience in maintenance, calibration and repair of electrical control systems in an industrial setting, and preferably in a wastewater treatment facility; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
Operating characteristics and maintenance requirements of the WWTP and pump stations.
The methods, materials, equipment and instrumentation used in the maintenance, repair and calibration of electronic control systems.
Occupational hazards and the proper safety methods and procedures used to avoid or minimize risks.
The use of specialized equipment used in the maintenance and repair of WWTP systems and pumping stations.
The use of standard office equipment including computers and relevant software
Perform troubleshooting and repair of electrical control systems. Understand and follow instructions.
Work independently with minimal supervision. Complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner. Keep records and make reports.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, supervisors and co- workers.
Reading and interpreting electrical prints, schematics, ladder logic and diagrams. Oral and written communications.
The use of technology including advanced computer programming, specialized equipment, hardware and software related to the essential job functions.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Valid Wisconsin driver's license with excellent driving record; the ability to complete a pre- employment post offer physical to include drug and alcohol screening upon hire.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT:
201 Delafield Street, Room 205
Waukesha, WI 53188
- This position was posted on: 05-20-2019.
- It will be removed on: 06-15-2019.