Relief Wastewater Operator/Maintenance Assistant - Wisconsin Rapids
City of Wisconsin Rapids
The City has an opening for a Relief Wastewater Operator/Maintenance Assistant for the Department of Public Works at the Wastewater Treatment Plant. The purpose of this position is to assist with maintaining all operations of the waste treatment, laboratory testing, lift stations, interceptors, alarms systems, and maintenance of the equipment, buildings and grounds
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Operates wastewater treatment plant equipment, including pumps, compressors, motors, generators, sludge scrapers, grit removal equipment, digester equipment, rotary drum, and fan press.
· Performs scheduled preventative maintenance and keeps records on all equipment using computer software.
· Read blueprints and maintenance manuals.
· Maintains and repairs equipment at plant and lift stations; calibrates and maintains oxygen gas monitors.
· Assists in the repair of control panels, switching gears, and electric circuits.
· Performs and records laboratory tests on raw and treated wastewater.
· Maintains buildings, grounds, and equipment.
· Utilizes SCADA System and other related computer systems.
The pay rate us $25.38 - $26.71 per hour based on experience and certifications
The individual in this position is required to have a thorough knowledge of wastewater treatment facilities, equipment, and operating principles and practices is required. Prefer post-high school education in Water and/or Wastewater Operations or Water/Wastewater Management; and preferably, two years of experience as a wastewater operator. Knowledge of repair/maintenance of pumps motors, electrical equipment, instrumentation and building maintenance and repair is required. The individual is required to possess and maintain a CDL and must obtain a valid Wisconsin Advanced Wastewater Operator Certification with subclasses A1, B, C, D, L and P or ability to achieve within 5 years of hire date. Must be able to lift heavy loads (40-100 lbs.). Must possess mechanical skills necessary to perform all duties of the position. Must be become First Aid/CPR certified and perform confined space procedures. All City employees must follow safety procedures at all times. Strong public relations skills are necessary when working with property owners.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and application via email to Recruitment@wirapids.org by December 6, 2019. Candidates must meet the minimal requirements of this position in order to be considered. Applications are located at this link: https://www.wirapids.org/uploads/1/0/3/3/103347874/application_rev_4-17-19.pdf
The City offers attractive benefits, including Wisconsin Retirement System. Information about benefits is located at this link: https://www.wirapids.org/employee-benefits.html
The City of Wisconsin Rapids is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status. If you need assistance at any time during this application process, please contact Human Resources at 715-421-8214.
- This position was posted on: 11-24-2019.
- It will be removed on: 12-07-2019.