O&M Tech II - Sturgeon Bay
City of Sturgeon Bay
Operates and maintains City of Sturgeon Bay wastewater treatment plant, wastewater collection system and assists with various water treatment and water distribution systems. Work involves daily operation activities to achieve efficient and safe operation of the wastewater treatment plant, wastewater collection system and wastewater lift stations; while ensuring wastewater effluent quality meets or exceeds various permit limits.
Reports directly to the Wastewater Operator In Responsible Charge and Project Manager.
· High school diploma required.
· Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
· Obtain Wisconsin Commercial Drivers License within 1 year.
· Obtain Wisconsin Municipal Wastewater Certifications within 5 to 7 years.
Work Experience Needed:
1-2 years’ experience or coursework in wastewater industry or related field is preferred.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
· General knowledge of wastewater operations, sampling, lab operations, or related fields.
· Professional judgment / decision-making skills.
· Ability to perform general math calculations.
· Mechanical ability.
· Ability to operate and maintain equipment such as pumps, motors, electric generators, and piping systems.
· Ability to use standard office equipment such as personal computers and calculators
· Familiarity with MS Office including word processing and spreadsheets
· Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
· Operate, monitor, inspect and maintain equipment and processes at the wastewater treatment plant and the water system in a safe and efficient manner while satisfying the requirements of customers, clients, and regulatory agencies
· Maintains and operates wastewater treatment facility and collection system. Responsible for the proper use and care of hand tools and knowledge and use of the company’s safety policies and procedures. Performs preventive maintenance, housekeeping tasks, and inspections as assigned.
· Collects samples for process control and compliance monitoring in accordance with standard procedures.
· Performs process control sample analyses in accordance with standard procedures.
· Complies with company safety programs.
· Monitor processes/equipment to ensure efficient operations by taking samples required for process control and regulatory reporting purposes, recording and logging flows, visually inspecting tanks, levels, pump speeds; recording information in logs and reports
· Perform inspection rounds of facilities; recognize, resolve, and report problems that could jeopardize employee safety or equipment operations
· Perform necessary housekeeping functions to and around plant equipment, buildings and grounds, including snow shoveling, sweeping, painting, operating mowers and other powered lawn equipment. Maintains appearance and cleanliness of all facilities under the responsibility of Suez; maintains and cleans vehicles.
· Perform preventive maintenance tasks as assigned, including exercising valves, lubrication, filter checks, inspection of safety-related items such as emergency lighting and ladders
· Respond to customers in the field concerning wastewater or water issues; locate underground utilities
· Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb stairs or ladders; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 49 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to distinguish color, close vision and distance vision.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Odors and sights in and around the workplace can be unpleasant.
This position description is intended for the purpose of evaluation and salary positioning and is not a contract setting forth the full scope of employment. The employer retains the right to deviate from the description at its discretion, without notice.
Email to apply or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This position was posted on: 04-13-2021.
- It will be removed on: 05-13-2021.