Maintenance Specialist- Wastewater - Beloit
City of Beloit
Maintenance Specialist- Wastewater
SALARY: $19.40 -$25.24 Hourly
$40,352.00 -$52,499.20 Annually
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
DIVISION: Water Recources
OPENING DATE: 11/03/20
CLOSING DATE: 11/24/20 11:59 PM
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The City of Beloit has an employment opportunity available in the Water Resources Division of the Department of Public Works. The City of Beloit is seeking to hire a Maintenance Specialists- Wastewater.
This position is responsible for performing maintenance tasks to electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and components; and infrastructure required to keep Water Resources facilities in good working condition. Facilities include but are not limited to wastewater treatment facility, lift-stations, well houses, booster stations and administration buildings.
Qualified candidates will be expected to have a creative, problem-solving approach and well-developed interpersonal communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with staff, elected and appointed officials, government agencies, service and community organizations, private business and the general public.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. A valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
3. Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
4. "N" tank vehicle endorsement for CDL, or the ability to obtain the "N" tank vehicle endorsement within (6) six months of hire.
5. A minimum of three (3) years of responsible work experience in industrial equipment maintenance, with experience in municipal wastewater preferred.
6. Other combinations of training and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in the possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position will also be considered.
Equal opportunity employer
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
100 State St
Beloit, WI 53511
MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST- WASTEWATER
- This position was posted on: 11-11-2020.
- It will be removed on: 11-25-2020.