Maintenance Operator - Waukesha
CITY OF WAUKESHA
CITY OF WAUKESHA
invites applications for the position of:
SALARY: $52,560.00 - $70,955.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 04/05/19
CLOSING DATE: 04/26/19 04:00 PM
This position performs skilled work to maintain the City's wastewater treatment facilities and biosolids processing equipment. This position also maintains the lift stations and conveyance equipment.
Starting salary - $52,560; $70,955 achieved through merit increases.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Makes regular tours of lift stations to check equipment, report malfunctions and unsafe conditions
2. Records readings from meters and instruments to check functioning of equipment at lift stations; ability to read and understand schematics and blueprints
3. Responds to alarms and emergencies at the plant and lift stations including operation of emergency generators and other equipment.
4. Implements and executes the CMOM program; keeps records and maintains the functionality of communication and controls systems.
5. Repairs and adjusts motors, pumps, engines, valves and other apparatus to meet changing operating conditions.
6. General grounds maintenance i.e grass cutting, snow and ice control
7. Cleans and services pumps, engines, motors and other equipment and portable generator operation, boiler operations and heavy machinery operations
8. Makes repairs and/or reports defects to Maintenance Supervisor
9. Paints, cleans and does other maintenance to buildings and grounds
10. Required to be "on-call" for response to alarms and emergencies at the CWP and lift stations; may be required to operate emergency generators and other
11. Performs all preventive and corrective maintenance at lift stations and performs work in compliance with CMOM program
12. Inspects and maintains safety equipment including all confined entry equipment and fall protection equipment; sets up and performs entries in accordance to the safety program
13. Fabrication or installation of plant and lift station equipment
14. Performs work in tanks, confined spaces and high locations
15. Performs preventative, corrective, predictive and custom maintenance activities within the CWP and lift stations
Graduation from a technical school or college with an Associate's Degree or equivalent in electronics and mechanical operations related to wastewater treatment plant operations or related trades, and 4 – 6 years of experience in wastewater treatment plant and lift
station operations; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
Department policies and procedures.
Business English, including grammar, punctuation, format and tone.
Operating characteristics and maintenance requirements of a wastewater treatment plant. Hydraulic, chemical and mechanical principles related to wastewater treatment plant operations. The use of electrical meters, testers and standby generators and heavy equipment
Mechanical and electrical operations, welding and plumbing.
Occupational hazards and the proper safety methods and procedures used to avoid or minimize risks.
The use of specialized equipment used in the maintenance and repair of WWTP lift stations.
The use of standard office equipment including computers and relevant software programs. (e.g., HMI, GIS and SCADA).
General office procedures and the use of standard office equipment and relevant software programs.
Multitask and prioritize workload. Understand and carry out instructions.
Work independently with minimal supervision.
Diagnose mechanical operations equipment problems and determine proper remedial measures. Use plant monitoring and control software.
Make appropriate repairs to lift station equipment, buildings and grounds.
Perform light to heavy physical tasks under varying weather conditions, and work in confined spaces (training provided).
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, supervisors, coworkers and the general public.
Oral and written communications.
The operation of specialized equipment used to perform the essential job functions. Dealing courteously and professionally with others.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Valid Wisconsin driver's license with an excellent driving record; the ability to complete a pre-employment post offer physical to include drug and alcohol screening upon hire; requires certification(s) in 2 or more of the following: HVAC, electromechanical; plumbing, welding and/or heavy equipment operation; DNR General Wastewater Operator certification, Wastewater subclasses – within one year of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed both indoors and outside; hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office and other specialized equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, prolonged visual concentration and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is frequently required to bend, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may frequently be exposed to adverse weather and other unpleasant conditions such as heat, cold, wetness and humidity; dim or bright lights, dust, odors, noise, vibrations, toxic agents, electrical currents and disease.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
201 Delafield Street, Room 205
Waukesha, WI 53188
Position #00113 MAINTENANCE OPERATOR
- This position was posted on: 04-10-2019.
- It will be removed on: 04-27-2019.