City of Mayville Utilities
The City of Mayville Utilities is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the full-time position of Laboratory Technician.
The Laboratory Technician performs technical analysis of water and wastewater to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and ensure quality standards from waste sources, treatment plant, distribution, and industry.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Perform chemical, physical and biological analysis as required by federal, state, city, and department policies and procedures.
- Perform required collection and analysis from sites that may include residential, industrial, and commercial sites as well treatment facilities.
- Maintain operation, quality assurance and calibration of laboratory related equipment.
- Maintain laboratory inventories and notify when supplies are needed.
- Prepare chemical solutions and reagents as needed.
- Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment and glassware.
- Maintain licensure and complete continued education related to WI DNR standards.
- Weekend and on-call rotation.
- Annual laboratory certification.
- Collection and shipment of special testing to outside laboratories.
Training and Experience:
High school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by 5 years post-secondary coursework, experience, or an equivalent combination is desired as well as WI DNR advanced wastewater laboratory certification or the ability to obtain within one year. WI driver’s license required. Intrastate municipal CDL required within one year of hire.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accurately compare, perform control calculations, count, differentiate, measure, sort, copy, record and transcribe data and information.
- Ability to explain, demonstrate and clarify to others policies, procedures and standards.
- Ability to follow instruction, work safely, properly and appropriately use PPE, communicate and understand effectively verbally and in writing, and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, the public, contractors and vendors.
- Operation and adjustment of complex equipment not limited to pH meter, DO meter, vacuum pump, balance scales, spectrophotometer, dishwasher, computer, and laboratory measurement equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- For effective job performance the employee is regularly required to handle, use, feel or operate tools, objects and controls within arm’s reach.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, climbing, kneeling or crouching may be required.
- Work may be required in inclement weather.
Compensation to be based on training, experience and licensure. The City of Mayville is an equal opportunity employer.
Application materials, including resume, cover letter, and general employment application may be sent to email@example.com or 400 Kekoskee Street, Mayville, WI 53050. General employment application is available at mayvillecity.com or by request.
- This position was posted on: 09-09-2021.
- It will be removed on: 10-21-2021.