Health, Safety and Security Leader - Madison
Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District
The District is seeking an enthusiastic and collaborative safety professional who enjoys leading a diverse and hands-on safety and security program. The ideal candidate will be a trustworthy, confident leader who initiates change by building strong relationships and partnering with others to find practical solutions.
At Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) we believe in enriching life through clean water and resource recovery. We are a passionate team who work together to recover resources and clean wastewater for return to nature 365 days a year through our innovation and expertise.
Working at Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District is more than just a paycheck. It is about taking care of the communities we live in. We are trusted leaders working together to protect one of our most valuable resources, our water. When you think about your career and what you want to accomplish in your lifetime make the choice to do Work Worth Doing!
About the Position
The Health, Safety and Security Leader is responsible for leading the District’s safety, environmental health and security program to ensure compliance as well a strong safety culture that emphasizes prevention, employee ownership and continuous improvement. The Health, Safety and Security Leader will develop rapport easily with employees to promote safety and security policies through a variety of methods such as conducting employee training, committee meetings, worksite evaluations and more.
We are looking for a proactive self-starter who can communicate well with a variety of people and bring enthusiasm to their work. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a sustainable organization that values people, teamwork, creativity, integrity, and balance. We only hire the best and we retain our talented and dedicated people!
What You Would Do
· Carry out the safety vision of the district:
“MMSD is committed to health and safety excellence that emphasizes leadership commitment, employee ownership and continuous improvement. We strive to take a balanced and practical approach to health and safety in order to seamlessly integrate it into everything we do, so our employees can be confident that the right way is always the safe way.”
· Advise, problem solve, educate and empower employee’s to make sound safety decisions.
· Develop, implement and maintain safety, security and risk management policies.
· Manage the workers compensation process including filing claims, work restrictions and return to work documentation.
· Conduct proactive safety and security audits for a variety of safety programs and work environments such as lab safety, confined space, LOTO, traffic control and fall protection.
· Conduct incident investigations to identify root cause and develop preventative procedures.
· Develop and monitor the safety and security budget.
· Lead ergonomic improvements and conduct ergonomics assessments.
· Work with engineering to ensure safety and security measures are integrated into construction projects.
· Lead the safety team and safety meetings.
· Oversee and conduct safety training monthly and with new employees.
· Maintain MSDS and DOT paperwork.
· Manage the workers comp, liability and property insurance and emergency response programs.
What We Are Looking For
· Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field is required.
· A minimum of 4 years of safety experience is required. Security or risk management experience preferred.
· Knowledgeable in state and federal health and safety regulations and workers compensation.
· Demonstrated success at interpreting regulations into effective policies and practices.
· Certified to train CPR, First Aid, and AED within 4 months of hire
· Shall demonstrate initiative and motivation as indicated by present and past experience.
· Skilled at establishing trusting working relationships with diverse groups of people.
· Shall be organized, self-managed, and responsible person capable of initiating and completing projects, programs, and plans with minimal supervision.
Salary and Benefits
We provide a competitive salary range of $69,000-$93,000 along with excellent benefits, a casual, flexible work environment and support for ongoing training and development. For more information go to: www.madsewer.org/careers.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume on our website, www.madsewer.org/careers. This position will be
posted until filled.
MMSD is committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusiveness and seeks to create a cooperative, welcoming community for all. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- This position was posted on: 05-15-2019.
- It will be removed on: 06-14-2019.