FULL-TIME DISTRICT MANAGER WANTED / TECHNICIAN - Stoughton
Pleasant Springs Sanitary District (PSSD)
FULL-TIME DISTRICT MANAGER WANTED / TECHNICIAN
The Pleasant Springs Sanitary District (PSSD) is looking for a District Manager with Maintenance Technician skills to oversee all aspects of the daily operations of the District.
The District Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the operations of the Pleasant Springs Sanitary District (PSSD), including both the District office and the sewer system to assure District residents are provided with cost effective, reliable service. This position is also responsible to cover PSSD’s commitments in the Shared Labor Agreement between the Pleasant Springs Sanitary District and the Kegonsa Sanitary District.
Primary Duties Include:
· Supervise PSSD employees;
· Report to Commissioners on activities, problems, or concerns affecting PSSD;
· Prepare various reports as required by PSSD Commissioners, DNR or other agencies;
· Assist Commission in developing and improving policies and procedures necessary for the safe and efficient operation of the District;
· Assist with field work and maintenance during the regular work week;
· Scheduling (assisting with) the repair of wastewater pumps and related equipment;
· Conduct and document regular inspections of district sewer system;
· Provide preventive maintenance on district infrastructure;
· Supervise all vendor services for PSSD;
· Maintain district equipment, building, and grounds;
· Provide immediate response to emergency situations;
· Participate in on-call rotation;
· Assist Kegonsa Sanitary District (KSD) Manager as necessary.
· Exceptional organizational and management skills;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Expected to interact with customers in a courteous and professional manner;
· Ability to work independently;
· Must be able to respond to on site emergencies within (1) hour;
· Basic mechanical aptitude and familiarity with hand and power tools;
· Knowledge and experience with pumps and electrical controls;
· Able to perform physical activities such as: bending, pushing, pulling, walking, and ability to lift 50 pounds and to use equipment provided by PSSD to assist in lifting. To a lesser extent there could also be climbing, squatting, and reaching.
· Driver’s license and good driving record. Background checks will be conducted.
The PSSD district office is located at 2083 Williams Drive, Stoughton, WI 53589.
The KSD district office is located at 2240 U.S. 51, Stoughton, WI 53589.
Excellent benefits. This position is eligible to participate in the State Retirement System. Please submit compensation requirements with application.
Please submit resume with education and work experience by September 30, 2021 to:
2083 Williams Drive
Stoughton, WI 53589
An equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
- This position was posted on: 08-23-2021.
- It will be removed on: 09-30-2021.