Electrician & Instrumentation Technician - Fond du Lac
City of Fond du Lac
Electrician & Instrumentation Technician – Wastewater Treatment & Resource Recovery Facility
The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Electrician & Instrumentation Technician at its Wastewater Facility. This full-time position reports directly to the Maintenance & Municipal Facilities Foreman, and will be responsible for providing 24/7 availability to the City in ensuring proper operation of all storm/wastewater equipment and recognizing potential electrical failures and making corrections to prevent flooding.
Various duties, knowledge, and abilities include:
· Inspects, repairs, and maintains 4160 voltage and under electrical, electro-mechanical, and electronic operating and control systems, equipment, and fixtures at the plant and remote pumping stations.
· Inspects, maintains, and repairs wiring and lighting systems, electrical control equipment, meters, outlets, and panels; installs new electrical and electronic equipment.
· Tests and Operates WTRRF associated equipment to ensure proper electrical function.
· Repairs process pipelines, valves, gas pressure reliefs, drip traps, gauges, flame traps and related system components.
· Operates supplementary pumping equipment and portable generators under emergency conditions.
· Troubleshoots, repairs, and operates storm pump stations and sanitary lift stations.
· Troubleshoot different brands of uninterrupted power supplies, back-up power to all of the communication, programmable logic controllers, severs, and information systems.
· Assist in storm and sanitary station upgrades.
· Building system electrical repairs.
· Repair, maintain, and operate standby generators and 4160 switchgear.
· Diagnosing electrical/electronic problems involving electro mechanical equipment controlled by computer processors.
· Plant SCADA and motor control troubleshooting and repair.
· Ability to troubleshoot and repair radio telemetry for stations out in the collection system.
· Ability to interpret electrical engineering drawings.
· Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and operate system VFDs.
· Oral and written communications to ensure functions of storm/wastewater equipment.
· Work with others to discuss strategies in performing equipment work and coordinating efforts to operate efficiently.
· Stay abreast of newest technology to better the process equipment; ensure part availability to perform necessary repairs.
· Graduation from high school or equivalent, or electrical trade school graduate or equivalent training and experience. Engineering and electronics courses highly desirable.
· Associate Degree in Instrumentation Technology.
· Completion of specialized course in wastewater treatment.
· Journeyman or Master Electrician certification preferred.
· 2 years’ experience in Wastewater facility maintenance and operations including electrical and instrumentation systems, equipment, and fixtures.
· Ability to perform confined space entry work, and wear SCBA equipment.
· Possession of a valid Wisconsin Driver's License.
· Trained in PLC, fire alarm systems, and OSHA preferred.
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and life insurance, and retirement plans including participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Salary: $25.86 – $33.25/hour. Job is open until filled.
If interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position. You may obtain application materials by contacting City Human Resources at (920) 322-3624 or visiting the City website at www.fdl.wi.gov.
- This position was posted on: 08-20-2020.
- It will be removed on: 09-19-2020.