Automation Systems Integrator Technician - Madison
Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District
The District is seeking a detail oriented and creative system integrator who enjoys working independently to build and troubleshoot PLC and SCADA systems. The ideal candidate will take initiative to solve complex controls issues and enjoy collaborating with and educating end-users. If you want to dive deep into understanding a single system without the need to travel this may be the job for you!
At Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) we believe in enriching life through clean water and resource recovery. We are a passionate team who work together to recover resources and clean wastewater for return to nature 365 days a year through our innovation and expertise.
Working at Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District is more than just a paycheck. It is about taking care of the communities we live in. We are trusted leaders working together to protect one of our most valuable resources, our water. When you think about your career and what you want to accomplish in your lifetime make the choice to do Work Worth Doing!
About the Position
The Automation Systems Integrator Technician will work with a team of SCADA system users with responsibility for implementation, development, and maintenance of the District’s process control automation. This includes wastewater treatment plant process control, pumping station control and communication, data transfer to database systems, system documentation, human machine interface (HMI) device programming and configuration, and SCADA system software programming and configuration to support wastewater operations.
We are looking for a proactive self-starter who can communicate well with a variety of people and bring creativity to their work. This is an exciting opportunity (that doesn’t require travel) to work with a sustainable organization that values people, teamwork, creativity, integrity, and balance. We only hire the best and we retain our talented and dedicated people!
What You Would Do
• Develop, and maintain controller programming including standards, machine level, HVAC, local control panel, and overall process control programming for wastewater treatment and pumping station control.
• Build, configure and maintain HMI and SCADA system displays and tools.
• Create and maintain process and system documentation and standards.
• Maintain an I/O list database and the controller communications system for District facilities.
• Develop and maintain Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
• Assist senior level Automation Systems Integrator with planning, design, development, and maintenance of the District’s automation systems.
• Integrate and commission new or upgraded control systems.
• Maintain a computer files for the system and define a file backup system.
• Maintain process control system hardware.
• Maintain and optimize SCADA network communications.
• Train personnel on automation system standards and procedures.
What We Are Looking For
· A minimum of a two-year technical degree in Automated Manufacturing System Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology or related field.
· Two years of relevant experience is desired. Relevant experience must involve the use of hardware and software systems that we deploy.
· Understanding of electrical safety.
· SCADA system problem solving.
· Programming and supporting Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley) systems and a SCADA HMI.
· Experience developing advanced PLC and SCADA HMI programming including standards.
· Writing and presenting documentation and training of end-users.
· Shall demonstrate initiative and motivation as indicated by present and past experience.
· Shall be organized, self-managed, and responsible person capable of initiating and completing projects, programs, and plans with minimal supervision.
Salary and Benefits
We provide a competitive salary, excellent benefits, a casual, flexible work environment and support for ongoing training and development. For more information go to: www.madsewer.org/careers.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume on our website, www.madsewer.org/careers. This position will be
posted until filled.
MMSD is committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusiveness and seeks to create a cooperative, welcoming community for all. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- This position was posted on: 05-15-2019.
- It will be removed on: 06-14-2019.