Asset and Maintenance Management System Administrator - Madison
Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District
The District is seeking a collaborative systems thinker to build a new position with our organization, Asset and Maintenance Management System Administrator. The ideal candidate will take initiative to solve complex system issues by understanding how processes and people work together. This position will work at all levels of the organization to ensure our CMMS system meets business needs and fosters efficiency, data integrity, planning and meaningful reporting.
At Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) we believe in enriching life through clean water and resource recovery. We are a passionate team who work together to recover resources and clean wastewater for return to nature 365 days a year through our innovation and expertise.
Working at Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District is more than just a paycheck. It is about taking care of the communities we live in. We are trusted leaders working together to protect one of our most valuable resources, our water. When you think about your career and what you want to accomplish in your lifetime make the choice to do Work Worth Doing!
About the Position
The Asset and Maintenance Management System Administrator provides lead business support and analysis for the software system that supports the district's asset maintenance management program and asset investment planning. The administrator ensures that the system meets business and user needs; is maintained with high integrity; and is used effectively for reporting, analysis, and program evaluation. Through this work, the administrator helps the asset management and maintenance programs achieve their goals of managing risk and costs for the long-term benefit of district customers.
The district is starting a several year project to select and implement a new CMMS and a separate but closely integrated financial system. This position will serve as the project manager for the CMMS side, providing both technical expertise and leadership to the project.
We are looking for a proactive self-starter who can communicate well with a variety of people and bring creativity to their work. This is an exciting opportunity (that doesn’t require travel) to work with a sustainable organization that values people, teamwork, creativity, integrity, and balance. We only hire the best and we retain our talented and dedicated people!
What You Would Do
· Develop a plan for the role, structure, and use of the CMMS system. Monitor and take steps to ensure staff are following policies and practices related to the CMMS system.
· Take the lead in working with users to identify business requirements, user requirements, training needs, etc. Research alternatives and resolve conflicting requirements.
· Manage the project to select and implement a new CMMS.
· Identify workflows and work with IT to determine how the CMMS system can integrate with other software systems.
· Research and identify needs and opportunities to expand the CMMS system.
· Create and implement a training program for all users of the system.
· Develop, evaluate, and update the asset hierarchy and ensure the hierarchy is used correctly.
· Monitor and evaluate CMMS system data for integrity and suitability for meeting user needs.
· Lead the setup of the system including user accounts, access controls, work order, and work planning.
· Develop reports and dashboards to meet user needs. Update KPI’s to support the asset management program and maintenance activities.
· Work closely with IT staff to ensure data integrity and compliance with IT standards.
· Perform analysis and lead teams to identify trends, root causes, improvements, and risks.
What We Are Looking For
· Bachelor’s degree in a field supporting the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position.
· Five years’ experience in managing, implementing, or making advanced use of CMMS, asset management programs, or closely related work.
o Desired: experience in system development and implementation.
o Desired: experience in business needs assessment in a collaborative setting.
o Desired: experience in an infrastructure-intensive setting.
· Strong skills in reliability-centered maintenance and identifying and documenting business processes and user needs. Understands how reliability-centered maintenance planning and asset management work together.
· Skilled in acting as liaison between the business side and information technology side of the organization.
· Has solid knowledge of CMMS system software, including configuration and data structures.
· Experience in managing CMMS system software
· Strong project management skills.
· Able to write clearly and verbally communicate in technical and non-technical forms.
Salary and Benefits
We provide a competitive salary range of $75,000-$102,000 along with excellent benefits, a casual, flexible work environment and support for ongoing training and development. For more information go to: www.madsewer.org/careers.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume on our website, www.madsewer.org/careers. This position will be
posted until filled.
MMSD is committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusiveness and seeks to create a cooperative, welcoming community for all. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- This position was posted on: 05-15-2019.
- It will be removed on: 06-14-2019.